The cabinet was scratched pretty bad and the backglass had some spots near
the bottom that I simply didn't notice when I was looking at the auction. The wiring
was a mess. I am pretty sure the guy selling it just couldn't get it to work.
The main problem was that some idiot had put a new coil that belonged in an electronic
game - it still had the diode soldered in. Then the playfield GI was blowing
fuses. I just had to find the bad socket. Finally, all of the stepper units
were buggered up thanks to the wrong oil.
I ended up selling it to a friend before I had finished it up with the promise that I
would have it working when he picked it up. The bad news is that once I
finished, I wished I had kept it. It came out much better than I ever thought it
would and the play was fast and fun. Oh well, a deal is a deal and now I will just
have to find another one!